Texas Fiscal Officers' Academy
The Texas Fiscal Officers’ Academy is a three-week professional development program for state agency fiscal officers. It is designed to:
- Prepare individuals to assume the duties and roles of state agency chief fiscal officer.
- Use the extensive resources in state government to share experiences and information to train future state agency fiscal officers.
- Cultivate a highly competent professional group capable of providing state government the leadership that Texans deserve.
The TFOA program is practitioner-based, featuring experienced state agency officials and other experts involved in the financial management of state agencies. The training offers real-life situations, hands-on activities and networking opportunities developed by state agency fiscal officers. CPE credit is given to participants for course attendance.
The curriculum for the 2018 Texas Fiscal Officers’ Academy is divided into three areas and is scheduled as follows:
- The Art of the Budget Process (week of February 12, 2018)
- Fiscal Management (week of March 19, 2018)
- Accountability and Transparency (week of April 23, 2018)