Guide to Performance Measure Management 2012 Edition
Report Number 12-333
The Guide to Performance Measure Management - 2012 Edition has been developed primarily to help agencies gain an overall understanding of the State's performance measurement system as a part of Texas's Strategic Planning and Performance Budgeting (SPPB) System. The 2012 edition has been updated with the latest information.
This Guide seeks to:
- Identify the Governor's and Legislature's expectations for agency management's involvement in performance measures.
- Explain the role of performance measures within the SPPB System: strategic planning, performance budgeting, and performance monitoring.
- Provide basic information about performance measures, such as:
- - How and when changes to measures can be made.
- - What roles the Legislative Budget Board (LBB); Governor's Office of Budget, Planning, and Policy (GOBPP); and State Auditor's Office (SAO) play in performance measurement.
- - How the Legislature uses measures when developing the General Appropriations Act.
- Help agencies prepare for SAO performance measure certification audits by explaining the audit process.
- Provide agencies with information regarding the importance of using performance measures.
Download the Acrobat
version of this report. (.pdf)